Saturday, September 18, 2010

Street Art of Paris

In my first post from Paris, you'll see I snapped some great shots of street art around Montmartre. Those shots inspired me to create a whole post entirely dedicated to street art. I'm going to continually add to this post as I discover more around the city. Whether it be murals, spray paintings, or lettering, the walls of Paris act like concrete canvases at times. And I want to highlight that. I really enjoy taking these pictures and also posting them because it gives a little bit of insight into the world of a small sect of modern Parisian artists. A lot of these pieces have underlying meanings referring to current political or social issues. Others are portals of self-expression, equally as important in my opinion, that I found hopelessly beautiful. I hope you enjoy them.

I found these walking around the Latin Quarter, 5ème arrondissement:

























Near Les Puces
These three are all part of one big piece. I zoomed in on parts I found especially interesting...



Notice the fine print...






St Malo, Brittany:









No comments:

Post a Comment